Thursday, February 24, 2011

Unusual Paper Flowers


Check out these unusual, little flowers that decorated our house for Valentines Day.


They brightened up a corner of our mantle and took just a few minutes to put together. They would make a good craft for kids since they were super-easy and most homes likely already have everything that is needed to make them. This includes:
  • construction paper (or whatever you have on hand)
  • sticks (from the yard)
  • a ribbon or string
  • glue (I used Tacky)

 The "roses" are made by taking various sized circles of construction paper and cutting them in a loose spiral pattern, as shown.



Then you simply roll up the paper, starting on the outside. The outside part of the spiral becomes the inside of the flower.

They pretty much stay the way they are supposed to, but I use glue to secure them. I then cut out heart shapes with red construction paper and glue the ends of the sticks in between the roses and hearts.

Finally, bunch the "flowers" together and secure with ribbon.



They pair nicely with the little Labrador picture cut-out I made...I believe this will stay in our living room for awhile.

Cute and different. There are all kinds of possibilities for ways to use paper flowers- I recently saw a picture of an adorable wreath that was covered with paper roses made from sheet music.

Now, on to other holidays and seasons. Please hurry, Spring, I am looking forward to real flowers :) !

I am linking up this week. Check out the below link to see other fun and creative ideas.
http://todayscreativeblog.net/

1 comment:

  1. These are really cute! I love how you made them!! :) Thanks for sharing

    PS- I'm doing my first every giveaway on my blog and I'd love for you to stop by and enter! Check it out: http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-giveaway-and-introducing-your.html

    ReplyDelete